I got up this morning and there was a hint of chill in the air. It was delicious. It’s also a sure indication that fall is on its way. I love the little changes I see everywhere—leaves starting to change color, school back in session, and, yes, Halloween and Christmas décor in the stores. OK, admittedly, I’m not as fond as seeing Christmas in stores before Labor Day, LOL, but all of these things signal that changes are coming.
It’s a great time to start thinking of your wardrobe and how you are going to transition from summer to fall. As always, LuLaRoe has got you covered. So many LuLaRoe pieces can be dressed up and down and can be layered for fall. My # 1 go to item is still the LuLaRoe Madison skirt. I love it in any season, especially fall.
What is the Madison skirt?
It’s a knee-length skirt that comes in all kinds of patterns, colors and fabrics. It has box pleats which are a wider pleat, and it has hidden pockets, perfect for a phone or keys. I love how comfortable this skirt is to hang out in at home. Chasing kids, sitting on the floor, cleaning—it works for any and every activity. The great thing about it is when you are ready to leave the house, you tuck in your shirt, throw on a necklace, and you are ready to run errands, chase kids around the park, or anything else you need to do. If you are not at home during the day, no problem. The LuLaRoe Madison is great because you can wear it to the office and feel dressed up yet comfortable sitting at a computer. I love how comfortable this skirt is in any setting.
The Madison naturally sits high on your waist. Overcome the temptation to pull it low. I think the Madison looks the best when you put it at your high waist, then pull it up another inch or two. This skirt is designed to make the person wearing it look like they’ve got an hour-glass figure. It beautifully glides over any problem areas. I love that about it. You will love it, too!
What can I wear with the Madison this fall?
The great thing about the Madison skirt is you can dress it up with a blazer or fine-gauge sweater. Sandals look great with it in the summer. Why not try some riding boots or ankle boots and a fitted denim jacket with it for fall? Or a dressier blazer? Try pairing your Madison with muted solid-colored blouses and shirts for fall—blacks, browns, jade greens, navy, mustard yellow, or burnt orange, to name a few.
Here are some other great combinations:
- Wear the Madison with a flannel shirt tucked or knotted, wide belt, and tall boots.
- Wear the Madison with a denim shirt on top and then a longish Sarah cardigan over the top. Turn under the cuffs on both.
- Wear the Madison with a solid colored tee and a denim shirt over the top like a jacket. Don’t forget a cute chunky necklace.
- For a causal look, wear the Randy shirt with the Madison. The Randy shirt has ¾ length sleeves. Wearing it would be perfect in that weather that is a bit cool but too warm for a jacket. Again, belt, tuck, or knot the shirt to define your waist.
- For a dressier look, I recommend layering with the Sarah cardigan. It is a fine-knit long cardigan with ¾ length sleeves. Wear a solid colored Sarah over a patterned Madison.
If you are looking for a versatile wardrobe piece to be worn again and again, the LuLaRoe Madison is definitely the right skirt for you.